Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My first baby: "Take me back to you"


Hello family once again! I hope you enjoyed the first entry of my blog and that you will be coming back to read more about me and my adventurous journey.
After quitting my job in early 2011 I didn't know where I was heading. I just had one thing clear: I didn't want to be an engineer and I wanted to work on my music and share it with the world. Everything started with a big dream.

Looking back, I don't think I would have been able to picture what is about to happen very soon: I will have the first copy of my album in my hands. Every adventure I have had in the last year is what I want to share with you because that is what really matters. It is in the journey that I have found my happiness.

In March 2011 I took the first step. Through craigslist I found a producer in Toronto who was interested in co-writting with me. We would pitch the song after to music supervisors in Canada to try to get the song in a TV show. That was the moment I found myself again. I felt like I was 5 years old when I used to sing all the time without caring so much about what was happening around me. That feeling is indescribable and I know it sounds a lot like a psychology session, but finding your inner child is finding your true self (at least that is what happened to me).

And then, my first baby was born: "Take me back to you". Music took me back to her and since that moment I feel there's no way back. This song triggered all the amazing things I will write about in this blog and for that I will be eternally grateful. 

In June 2011, after having written a couple of original songs, I decided I needed to take the next step and figure out a way to record my first EP. Because of "Take me back to you", I was able to get the attention of a producer in Miami that became my mentor since last summer and the hero behind my first EP. 

What I will tell you for now is that I had to make one of the biggest decisions of my life: Invest everything I had (and didn't have) in dreams, in something intangible. And let me tell you, I couldn't be happier with my investment. You will see what I am talking about.....

I will continue the story next week. Thank you once again for sharing your time with me and my music. As a little preview of my album, I share with you "Take me back to you" Enjoy and sing along!!


Love,

Mao



PS: "Take me back to you" was recently placed on an ad for a German drugstore chain. That was my first pay as a Musician :)







1 comment: